Unofficial Dell Linux yum repository broken

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Mon Jan 29 13:57:46 CST 2007

Sorry, I was going through and removing old compat crud because we
dropped FC3 & FC4. I stopped producing the old, back-compat yum metadata
because I thought all the distros I now support use the new format.
Turns out that RHEL3 still uses the old yum-arch style metadata.

I will add this back in shortly.

Thanks again.
--
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Matt Domsch
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 8:14 AM
To: Sander Steffann
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Unofficial Dell Linux yum repository broken

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 10:57:08AM +0100, Sander Steffann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Updating OMSA through the Unofficial Dell Linux yum repository with
> up2date does not work anymore. Up2date is looking for
> 'http://linux.dell.com/repo/software/rhel3//headers/header.info',
> which does not exist anymore. I also tried to update the
> dell-repository RPM by hand, but then it complains about a bad HTTP
> request for
'http://linux.dell.com/yum/software/mirrors-%{dist}.txt/headers/header.i
nfo'
> , so it seems that that repository configuration is not right for
> up2date at all.
>
> I hope someone can fix this so it works again with up2date. If I can
> help, please let me know!

Thanks, we were mucking with the repository again late last week getting
some fancy autobuilding work for libsmbios and firmware-tools to happen.
Looks like that was a casualty...  Thanks for the report.

--
Matt Domsch
Software Architect