Strange value for Temp with openIPMI on poweredge 860

Soren Petersen lists at nospam.sorenp.com
Fri Jan 26 11:53:08 CST 2007

Hi,

Novovia: I also get these -50 readouts on my PE1950 system (with dual
covertown 5310) so I don't think this is due to incorrect ipmi readouts.
I've also seen them drop to -49 several times. Btw, congratulation on
your new kernel.

Everybody:
In contrast to Novovias situation, no threshold values at all are set
for the CPU's on my machine. I know I can configure the thresholds with
"ipmitool sensor thresh", but there is a problem. I've got four sensors
named "Temp": two of them reads ca -50 and two reads 40. However, using
"ipmitool sensor get/thresh" I only seem to be able to configure/access
the first one. Is there a way around this?

Soren Petersen