Openipmi with Opensuse 10.1 Remastered

Soren Petersen lists at nospam.sorenp.com
Thu Jan 25 11:24:04 CST 2007

Hi Novovia,

Try lsmod to see if the appropriate modules have been loaded.

Also, if /dev/ipmi0 exists, check if it has been bound to the correct
character device (there are 254 possible...).

See the README file in the ipmitool package for details.

There is also a script called ipmi.init (or ipmi.init.basic) that does
the setup work for you. Try running it (as root) before executing
ipmitool. My Slackware machine is running ipmi.init as a part of system
startup (the script is a part of the ipmitool package).

Good luck!

Soren Petersen