PERC 5/i RAID resizing

Thu Jan 25 09:28:37 CST 2007

Sorry, the PERC cards do not support shrinking virtual disks.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Mordur Ingolfsson
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:00 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: PERC 5/i RAID resizing

Hi,

I have Debian testing running on a poweredge 2950, with omsa installed
and all working very well. I have PERC 5/i raid controller handling 6
disks using raid 5, all one single vdisk. I would  like to remove one of
the physical disks from the raid configuration and assign it a role of a
hot spare. Is it possible to downsize the raid without starting anew,
loosing all data on the vdisk? If this is indeed possible, could someone
give me a brief walk through of the process.

Thanks

Mordur