PERC 5/i RAID resizing

Mordur Ingolfsson delllinux at 1984.is
Wed Jan 24 20:00:21 CST 2007

Hi,

I have Debian testing running on a poweredge 2950, with omsa installed
and all working very well. I have PERC 5/i raid controller handling 6
disks using raid 5, all one single vdisk. I would  like to remove one of
the physical disks from the raid configuration and assign it a role of a
hot spare. Is it possible to downsize the raid without starting anew,
loosing all data on the vdisk? If this is indeed possible, could someone
give me a brief walk through of the process.

Thanks

Mordur