UNOFFICIAL release, OMSA c.5.1 CentOS 4.4 LiveCD.

Christopher McCrory chrismcc at pricegrabber.com
Wed Jan 24 18:54:46 CST 2007

Hello...

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 20:48 +0100, Harald_Jensas at dell.com wrote:
> !! This is an UNOFFICIAL release, use this LiveCD at your own risk. !!
>
> Purpose of this LiveCD:
> Make management and diagnostics tools for Dell PowerEdge Servers,
> PowerVault Storage and Precision Workstations available for
> systems running non-Dell supported operating systems.

Cool!

What are the chances of getting firmware update tools on the same CD.
Similar to the SNAP CDs from a couple years ago.  The SNAP CDs were the
ticket.  Update BIOS, ESM, scsi controller/PERC BIOS, hard disk
firmware, backplane firmware, all at once from one bootable CD.

( or bring back the SNAP CDs :)