OpenManage questions

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Wed Jan 24 13:38:54 CST 2007

Depending on what DRAC you have you need at least one of these: (At least I hope they will nag for the needed dependencies :)

srvadmin-rac3-components-<version>.rpm  (DRAC III)
srvadmin-rac4-components-<version>.rpm  (DRAC 4)
srvadmin-rac5-components-<version>.rpm  (DRAC 5)

All the rpms you need is in this package:
http://ftp.us.dell.com/sysman/OM_5.1_ManNode_LIN_A00.tar.gz

The easiest way to install is:
Extract and move to the linux/supportscripts/ folder and run the "srvadmin-install.sh" script.
Make sure you select the RAC (Remote Access Controller) components.

And last make sure that all services start sucessfully. Use srvadmin-services.sh start|stop|restart (v5.0 and older) or dsm_om_connsvc start|stop|restart (v5.1 and later)

I hope this helped, if not feel free to send me a DSET report from your system off list. Then I can have a look at logs etc. and maby see what is missing.
You will find DSET here: ftp://dropbox.us.dell.com/DSET
 - See the README for instuctions, but e-mail me the report instead of uploading it to the dropbox. Thank you! :)

--
Harald Jensås