No storage info from OMSA 5.1 on Debian Etch

Alessandro FAGLIA a.faglia at farmol.it
Wed Jan 24 06:10:01 CST 2007

Patrick_Boyd at Dell.com wrote:
> There are specific version of the mptlinux (aka mptscsi, aka mptsas)
> driver needed in addition to the mptctl driver. First I'd make sure that
> these modules are loaded and if they are and you still have problems
> compare your versions to the drivers listed on support.dell.com.

In the kernel configuration (v2.6.19), under "Device Drivers" > "Fusion
MPT device support", I configured items as follows:
- Fusion MPT ScsiHost drivers for SAS (built-in)
- (128) Maximum number of scatter gather entries (16 - 128)
Other items have not been compiled, neither built-in nor as modules.

By means of lspci I can see the storage controller:
02:08.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1068 PCI-X
Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 01)

What else whould I include in teh compilation in order to fix my issue?
How can I determine the version number of the MPT SAS driver compiled in
my kernel?

Thanks and regards.
Alessandro