Linux and megaRAID and DELL 2450

Marios Pittas marios_pittas at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 05:02:06 CST 2007

Not removing the raid board results in "very very
very long" boot-up times (OS probing the board
??).

This morning I  opened again the 2450, and
followed the instructions printed on the
system-doors. Removing the RAID board out was
easy.

Fedora 6 failed to install, SUSE 10 installed
with only the network needing a bit of fiddling.

-- Marios

--- Marios Pittas <marios_pittas at yahoo.com>

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pe2450/en/index.htm