OpenManage questions

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Wed Jan 24 03:28:23 CST 2007

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 04:02:07PM -0600, Patrick_Boyd at Dell.com wrote:
> > 1) You can use OMSA to configure the DRACs.
>
> How?  racadm seems to want to have an IP address, username, and
> password.  How do I get it to connect to the DRAC in the "local" host?

"racadm" on its own will give you a list of commands you can throw at the
local DRAC card. The -r option is only necessary if you want to configure a
remote DRAC.

getniccfg and setniccfg will query and set the DRAC's IP Configuration.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/5.1/en/index.htm is
where the documentation sits.

Mark.

--