PERC4/SC & hotswap

Marcus Williams marcus at quintic.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 14:24:46 CST 2007

On 1/23/07, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:
> The PERC firmware knows how to talk SAF-TE or SES to the enclosure
> backplane, which, as far as I know, no other Linux tools today do,
> including software RAID.  It's just a matter of someone writing it,
> but I've been saying that for ~8 years... :-)

Mmmm theres an idea. I'd be willing to try and start writing this if I
could get hold of some test h/w ;)  More info on the enclosure might
be of use as well. The spec for SAF-TE is up on Intels site somewhere
Might dust off my copy of linux kernel drivers book and have a think
as to whether its something I'd want to attempt...

Marcus