linux-poweredge FAQ/wiki?

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Tue Jan 23 12:54:42 CST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:46:36PM -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 07:58:27AM -0500, Ben Scott wrote:
> > On 1/23/07, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:
> > > I'd love to have a more list-member-contributed FAQ going. :-)
> >
> >   Would a wiki be a good solution for this?  In theory, that would let
> > everyone here contribute towards a community knowledge base.
>
> I'm working on it...  Until very recently, wikis haven't been on Dell
> I/T's list of allowed applications, and I haven't had the bandwidth to
> moderate what anyone could post.  There's a lot of wiki spam out there
> that Dell would really rather not have available on a dell.com-branded
> web site.

My company uses Dell hardware pretty much exclusivey for its Linux
deployments.  I've pinged my boss to see if we'd be open to hosting such a
site as a way of at least starting to give back to the community a little.

Don't know what the red tape will be, but hopefully the bosses will be open to
the idea.

Ray