OMSA Via Satellite-Server/Kickstart?

bgercken at comcast.net bgercken at comcast.net
Tue Jan 23 10:41:42 CST 2007

Mark,
That is what we did for our organization. We bundle it as an RPM. It was a simple process.
Check out the command line arguments to the installer.
The spec file that we used looks something like what is shown below.
The pre section ensures that the prerequisite packages are installed.
This worked well for us. Your milage may vary.
Regards,
-bill

-- snip --

%description
This package wraps the OMSA installation and executes an express install (-x).
%pre
/usr/bin/up2date binutils
/usr/bin/up2date net-snmp
/usr/bin/up2date net-snmp-perl
%post
cd /tmp/OMSA
sh linux/supportscripts/srvadmin-install.sh -x
%files
%defattr(-,root,root,0755)
/tmp/OMSA

-- snip --