OMSA for x64 on the CD?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Jan 22 14:46:59 CST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 03:42:02PM -0500, Aaron Cline wrote:
>    Hello all:
>
>    I looked on the 5.1 CDs and didn't see RPMs for OMSA for RHEL4 x64.  Are
>    they supposed to be on there?  I also tried to search the downloads area
>    of the support website using my server's service tag, but I didn't see a
>    RHEL4 x64 option there either.  Is the only place to get the RHEL4 x64
>    RPMs for OMSA on linux.dell.com?  And if so, is there a supported protocol
>    other than HTTP (hoping for rsync or ftp)?

ftp.dell.com/sysman has the OMSA packages available by FTP.  These are
.tar.gz files with RPMs inside them.  OM_5.1_ManNode_LIN_A00.tar.gz is
the latest today.

OMSA userspace is 32-bit only, expecting to find 32-bit libraries even
on x86_64 systems.  OMSA kernel drivers are of course 32-bit or 64-bit
depending on the kernel being run.

Thanks,
Matt

--