Dell Poweredge 2850 querying RAID ?

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Mon Jan 22 08:24:26 CST 2007

On Monday 22 January 2007 12:36, Bob Flynn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Dell Poweredge 2850 running RH Enterprise 3.
>
> I am running Megamon-4.0-0a.i386.rpm and am getting notifications, but I
> would like to query that configuration/status via the command line, in
> much the same way that you can on a Dell Poweredge 2650, i.e. via
> afaapps-4.1-0.i386.rpm.

Except for OpenManage (already suggested) there's also a small command line
app called megarc. I'm not sure it works on EL3 (only tried it on EL4)
though.

I'd also like to give you a warning, be _VERY_ careful with what you tell
megarc. It does not ask twice (or even once) before erasing all your raid
config if that was what you told it to do...

/Peter