Dell Poweredge 2850 querying RAID ?

Cody_Sparks at Dell.com Cody_Sparks at Dell.com
Mon Jan 22 08:01:48 CST 2007

> I have a Dell Poweredge 2850 running RH Enterprise 3.

<--snip-->

> Is there a method of querying the configuration and status of
> Hardware RAID on a Poweredge 2850 from the linux commandline ?

Install OpenManage Server Administrator (minimally, choose CLI and
Storage if you don't want to install diags, webserver, etc.), and use
"omreport storage".

Server Admin Download:
http://ftp.us.dell.com/sysman/OM_5.1_ManNode_LIN_A00.tar.gz
'omreport storage' docs:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/5.1/en/cli/html/
storage.htm

You may also be try to find/use "megacli" on LSILogic's website, but
Dell will not provide support for it, so I would suggest Server
Administrator's storage management for the PERC4 and PERC5 controllers.

--Cody