No storage info from OMSA 5.1 on Debian Etch

Alessandro FAGLIA a.faglia at farmol.it
Sat Jan 20 02:05:07 CST 2007

Dear list,
I happily managed to have OMSA 5.1 (grabbed from
ftp://ftp.sara.nl/pub/sara-omsa) working on Debian testing (aka Etch). The
server is a PE 840 with two 160GB SATA disks attached to a SAS5iR
controller in a RAID0 configuration. Kernel has been properly compiled
from a vanilla 2.6.19.
I can get info for almost all subsystem, and also web interface is working
on port 1311 (many thanks to Sander Keemink for his precious work).

The only problem I have is that for the storage subsystem I am not able to
get any information. That is:
myserver:/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin# ./omreport storage controller
No controllers found

Probably I am missing a kernel module or something else.
I would be grateful to anybody giving me some clue to fix this last issue.

Regards.
Alessandro