PE 1650 temperature sensor

Tony Schreiner schreian at bc.edu
Wed Jan 17 09:28:00 CST 2007

I've got a PowerEdge 1650 (probably about 5 years old now).

Every so often the temperature sensor for CPU jumps up to 110 and
declares itself critical.  Recently I've been running an "omreport
chassis temps" every half hour via cron. Most recently, the indicated
temp went from 32 to 110 within one sampling interval. The other
temps are ok.

Restarting clears this. I've always let it sit for a  while, haven't
yet tried an  immediate restart.

Is there any way to tell if this information is accurate, or is it
the probe? Is there anything I can do about it, I must be out of
warranty.

Tony Schreiner

Biology Department
Boston College