afasnmp with DEBIAN

tere tfinez at etsetb.upc.edu
Wed Jan 17 05:04:50 CST 2007

In this hard way to monitor my PE2650 perc3/Di Debian, with SNMP, I've make a step.
I have to run /etc/init.d/snmpd restart and later /etc/init.d/afasnmpd start, and add at snmpd.conf

master agentx
pass .1.3.6.1.4.1.795 /usr/sbin/afasnmpd

because if not, the query to the oid don't work.

But i haven't find solution because afasnmpd give me errors when i tried to execute

1. Don't find mibs: i make a soft link to he directory where are mibs in debian and that's ok
2. /etc/init.d/afasnmpd start use commands like killproc that are tipical from redhat, not debian, what can i solve it???
Furthermore it tries to acces to . /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions and i don't have it,

who can i make that afasnmp goes rigth under debian ????