help setting up dellomsa

Yoo, Danny dyoo at finance.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 16 18:31:16 CST 2007

Hi,

I still seem to be having issues getting dellomsa (the sara.nl package)
working under Ubuntu 6.1 32-bit i686.

I've followed all of Andrew's suggestions below.

I can see under ps -ef that [kipmi0] is running. I can also start the
instsvcdrv and dataeng daemons. dsm_om_connsvc seem to also be running
as well.

When I run dsm_om_connsvc I cannot see anything listening on port 1311
(netstat or lsof). Also, when I run omreport (or any of the om tools) I
get:

root at finance-ks:/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin# omreport storage pdisk
controller=0
Error! cannot load data accessor:

root at finance-ks:/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin#

Any other thoughts would be appreciated as we really need to be able to
productionize this machine and we cannot until we get the proper
monitoring in place.

To recap, I did a clean install of Ubuntu 6.1 server as well as the
dellomsa.5.1.0-3 package. I've done the recommended hacks/fixes but it
seems like omreport/omconfig can't see... something?

Thanks again,

Danny