Debian omreport problems

Mon Jan 15 09:47:53 CST 2007

In the command output that you've sent. OMSA is reporting a Non-RAID
controller, not the PERC 4/SC. To enumerate data about Non-RAID
controllers OMSA uses sysfs and the sysfs data varies quiet a bit from
distribution to distribution (mostly depending on the kernel/sysfs
combination on each distro). Thus far we've only made this work on
districutions that Dell supports. So your milage may vary using any
other distros.

Are there any other controllers listed by `omreport storage controller`?
Or is 0 it?

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Marcus Williams
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 6:17 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Debian omreport problems

Hi -

We've got a Debian Sarge box with OMSA (5.1 from .debs recently posted
here) installed. Its a Poweredge 1800 with a Perc 4/sc. I cant get
omreport to give me any useful information though:

stampy:~# omreport storage pdisk controller=0 List of Physical Disks on
Controller LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual
Ultra320 SCSI (rev 8). (Embedded)

Controller LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual
Ultra320 SCSI (rev 8). (Embedded) No Physical Disks found

Does this mean that it really cant find any disks (I know for a fact
there are 4 attached, and working in a RAID/5 set) or do disks in a RAID
set not get counted as a physical disk?

How do I get information on the RAID set? omreport on the virtual disks
gives me:

stampy:~# omreport storage vdisk
List of Virtual Disks in the System

Controller LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual
Ultra320 SCSI (rev 8). (Embedded) No virtual disks found

Thanks,

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams, CAD Schroer UK Limited