Clear foreign RAID config without rebooting

Mon Jan 15 09:43:09 CST 2007

You need to either import or clear the foreign configuration before
trying to use the disks that are shown as foreign.

The command to do this is `omconfig storage controller
action=importforeignconfig controller=X` or `omconfig storage controller
action=clearforeignconfig controller=X` where X is the controller's ID.

After performing this step you should be able to use the disk as normal.

Patrick Boyd
Dell Storage Software Engineer
(512)728-3182

________________________________

From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Simon Welch
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 5:07 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Clear foreign RAID config without rebooting

I have a 2950 with RHEL 4 with 6 500gb dirves 5 in RAID 5 configuration
and 1 hot spare, one of the disks failed and the hot spare kicked in.
I know how to clear the foreign configuration from RAID controller but I
don't want to reboot whenever a disk fails is there an alternative
method to clear foreign config and assign new hot spare?

I have tried using OpenManaged Server Administrator but it reports no
disks available for hot spare although it reports the new disk as
foreign.

Thanks

Simon