Debian omreport problems

Marcus Williams marcus at quintic.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 06:16:42 CST 2007

Hi -

We've got a Debian Sarge box with OMSA (5.1 from .debs recently posted
here) installed. Its a Poweredge 1800 with a Perc 4/sc. I cant get
omreport to give me any useful information though:

stampy:~# omreport storage pdisk controller=0
List of Physical Disks on Controller LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030
PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI (rev 8). (Embedded)

Controller LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual
Ultra320 SCSI (rev 8). (Embedded)
No Physical Disks found

Does this mean that it really cant find any disks (I know for a fact
there are 4 attached, and working in a RAID/5 set) or do disks in a RAID
set not get counted as a physical disk?

How do I get information on the RAID set? omreport on the virtual disks
gives me:

stampy:~# omreport storage vdisk
List of Virtual Disks in the System

Controller LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual
Ultra320 SCSI (rev 8). (Embedded)
No virtual disks found

Thanks,

Marcus