Old Dell Poweredge 2550 with Dell Embeded Remote Access What JAVA?

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Fri Jan 12 11:51:03 CST 2007

Ben Russo wrote:
> I am trying to access an old dell 2550 (half a continent away)
> using the DELL EMBEDED REMOTE ACCESS
> I can connect and I get the login page, but when I enter login
> credentials and then click "OK"
>
> I get a warning from internet explorer (v6.0.29)
> that says:
>
> 	Line: 21
> 	Char: 4
> 	Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
> 	Code: 0
>
> I am using SUN JAVA JRE 1.4.2-13
> Is there a special mix of Java I have to use with this?

I found this document, I think that it is a DRAC III
http://bcr2.uwaterloo.ca/~brecht/servers/docs/PowerEdge-2600/en/ERA/rac34c6.htm
It says to use I.E. 5.5 and use the Microsoft JVM.
I'll have the field engineers power cycle it and try that combo of client.

I wish that they just had a VNC interface to it....

-Ben.