senser errors.

Kevin Foote kevin.foote at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 13:32:31 CST 2007

Ben
Thanks for that explanation on all that scsi talk.

>What I find interesting is that location is very near the end of a
>"73 GB" disk.  In fact, it may be the last block

The kernel reports 143374650 512-byte hdwr sectors before it gets into all
the sense errors ...
So would this actually be the end or would the sectors in my errors be the
actual end ??

I found one other person via these archives that had a similar issue
with these drives (ST373454LC) the firmware supplied by dell fixed his
issue.

A firmware update is what dell recommended to me as well.

Do you or anyothers have any thoughts on updating the firmware on a disk
with data on it.
Since I do a md raid then I could alwase yank the mirror and update the
firmware see if it changes
anything

--
:wq!