1655MC dropping the network

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Mon Jan 8 16:58:51 CST 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Matthew Schlosser wrote:

> The name server runs just fine at around 100-200 DNS queries per second.
> When the load reaches 300-500 qps, the network will preiodically diappear.
> I don't mean drop, I mean disappear.  It is very strange.  When it goes, the
> following happens:
> [...]

Fwiw, I had a similar problem early last year with Broadcom NIC's in an HP
system. It did not matter which driver I used. It turned out to be a
firmware issue; a NIC firmware upgrade fixed it.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt at nospam.vgersoft.com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www.vgersoft.com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support at nospam.vgersoft.com
Ithaca, NY 14850
  "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"