1655MC dropping the network

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:53:34 CST 2007

On 1/8/07, Matthew Schlosser <mschlosser at eschelon.com> wrote:
> Debian stable/sarge with all updates.

  Hrmm.  Most of my experience is with Red Hat, unfortunately.

> I updated the driver manually when this came up the first time.

  Now that I think about it, I seem to recall that there were two
drivers.  One was provided and maintained by Broadcom; the other was
more of a "Linux effort".  I recall some discussion over which was
better.  Regardless, you might want to try finding the other one and
seeing if that fixes things (or at least, gives you a different
problem ;-) ).

> I can roll about 50% of the expected load on to the system and get great
> performance, but it flakes out at higher volumes.

  I know I remember reading about transceiver lockup issues very much
like what you describe -- under heavy load, everything just stops, and
(for some) starts back up again about 30 seconds later.

-- Ben