PERC/5i - megasas - fs becomes read/only

justin at dslr.net justin at dslr.net
Mon Jan 8 14:31:38 CST 2007

As per the message posted by Andrew Hall in November, we have the same
issue.

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2006-November/028444.html

This is a new Dell 1950 with two SAS drives in Raid 1, fedora core 5,
8gb memory.

I've updated the PERC/5i firmware, it didn't make the slightest bit of
difference.

With the right kind of disk activity, the machine freezes then the
console spits out the megasas: RESET line then a sequence of 'waiting
for commands to complete' then the filesystem goes read/only and the
machine is unusable.

I've googled and see plenty of other reports but no obvious solution.

-Justin