PE2900/PERC/RAID recommendation?

Mon Jan 8 09:36:42 CST 2007

1) Pretty easy. Create the config on PE2900 #1, pull a drive from the
RAID 1, put said drive into PE2900 #2, boot into the controller BIOS
(Ctrl+R) and select "Import Foreign Config". You have just cloned PE2900
#1 onto #2.

2) This is really personal preference/application dependent. However,
you're paying for hardware RAID. You have two identical hardware RAID
devices that will connect to the enclosure you might as well do hardware
RAID. Also as previously discussed on this list you would actually have
to create 15 RAID 0's in order to get the PERC 5/E + MD1000 combination
to act like a JBOD.

Patrick Boyd
Dell Storage Software Engineer
(512)728-3182