system fails to initramfs after reboot during build

Anderson, Steven steven.anderson at dallascityhall.com
Mon Jan 8 06:54:36 CST 2007

This failure is due to the virtual loader does not have the correct
drivers and does not select the correct disk during the boot process.

The newest version of the installer has fixed the problem

Setup Server
1.    Install from the Debian CD (Downloaded the Debian installer from
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/netboot/mini.iso (32
bit version of network loader))

2.    If you are using the 1st NIC select the 2nd NIC (there is a bug in
the install that uses the opposite NIC

3.    Add the ssh daemon by typing "apt-get update && apt-get install
ssh"

4.    Reload keyboard, mouse, and video drivers by typing the following
(enables xwindows)

4.1.  aptitude install xserver-xorg-input-kbd

4.2.  aptitude install xserver-xorg-input-mouse

4.3.  aptitude install xserver-xorg-input-evdev

4.4.  aptitude install xserver-xorg-video-all

4.5.  dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Steven Anderson
City of Dallas
Streets Department