Blade Chassis DRAC - Firmware Flash

Linux PowerEdge linux.poweredge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:40:45 CST 2007

Tom,

Flashing the DRAC will only reset the DRAC and should cause no outage to any
running blades.  While the DRAC is resetting you will lose management
functionality (wont be able to power on any blades that are off) but this
should be a rather small window.  I have flashed dozens of pe1855 chassis'
DRAC/MCs without any impact to running blade units.