dellomsa 5.1 configuration with debian

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Thu Jan 4 13:50:24 CST 2007

Hi Folks:

I have several PE 1650.    I'm running debian 3.1.    On my test system i
have a custom 2.6.19 kernel that includes dcdbas module which is loaded.
I have installed dellomsa 5.1.0-3 packages provided so kindly by
Sander Keemink <sander at sara.nl> and Bas van der Vlies <basv at sara.nl>.

At this point if I do /etc/init.d/dataeng it says everything starts but I
don't have any additional processes running.

What installation tasks are necessary to get this to run, or how could I
further troubleshoot what is occurring?

In the guides I've looked through I haven't seen anything to point me in
the right direction, but then again maybe I'm just thick?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
seppy at chartermi.net