HOWTO use SUU remotly ?

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Thu Jan 4 07:43:27 CST 2007

Hi,

I never used the update CD so I am not 100% sure how it works. AFAIK the SSU is an application that can discover what HW is in your system, and what version FW and BIOS is installed. Then SSU run the appropriate DUPs for you. (DUP = Dell Update Package)

I have not tested this but I belive it should work.

You could try to use some form of filesharing, NFS, Samba, SFTP etc. to make the iso available on the network. Then you could loop mount the iso with:

	mount -o loop SSU-cd.iso /mnt/<mountpoint>

--
Harald Jensås