"command response could not be provided"

Rob Munsch rmunsch at solutionsforprogress.com
Wed Jan 3 14:59:44 CST 2007

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com wrote:
> U can check the BMC firmware version in www.support.dell.com
>
> Also if openmanage software is installed in ur machine ( 1750 ) u can
> check the CPU temp. by executing
> omreport chassis temps command.

The sample output was just that - a sample.  As i stated originally,
about half the information total is coming up "could not be provided" -
not just the cputemp info at the top.

Are you saying, then, that the only cause of these odd results would be
having an old version of the firmware installed on the BMC that came
with the machine when we bought it?  I'm not sure i really understand
your suggestion.  I'm looking for the cause of this message appearing
when the BMC is polled via OpenIPMI.