2nd Try: Openmanage on 2400 with FC3

Senthil_OR at Dell.com Senthil_OR at Dell.com
Wed Jan 3 06:23:47 CST 2007

Morgan Toal wrote:
> Wanted to try again after the holidays.
> Specifically, I am trying to install:
> OMI-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-LX-450-32-335_A00.tar.gz
>
> I am running Fedora Core 3, with kernel version kernel-2.6.9-1.667.

We got to remember that OM is not officially supported on FC3.
But, if anyone has OMSA it up and running on FC3, then they might share
their insights.

> The SCSI parity error seems like it happens when the process dies,
> but I don't really get why these would be related.

- I would suggest you not to install Storage Services and try.
- Installing via rpms itself would be a good idea.
- and try the yum repo for base, diagnostics and web install from
_unofficial_ repo http://linux.dell.com/repo/software/

--
Senthil