What are people using for clustering software when connecting Dell servers to San storage?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 2 19:23:44 CST 2007

Quoting "McEwan, Ryan" <RMcEwan at netopia.com>:

> We currently have several Dell servers connected to an EMC CX300 running
> Oracle and Postgres databases.  We are not currently using Power Path or
> anything like that.  All servers are running 64 bit (2850's and 2950's)
> RedHat 4.0 (most U3, a few U4).  Everything is working great, but we'd
> like to convert these servers into a Cluster for HA purposes.  We'd also
> like to establish some sort of MPIO for controller failure, HBA failure,
> etc.  Real world experience would be great, however we really desire a
> supported solution from EMC, Oracle, Dell and RedHat.

Were doing something similar, using RHEL 3.x, powerpath, GFS, and
RH clustering (using the DRAC to stonith).  Works well for us, and is
fully supported by Red Hat and EMC, and at least most of it is supported
by Dell.  We don't do Oracle, so I can't comment there.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!