FW: E752x error registers

Gene Willingham gwillingham at comcast.net
Tue Jan 2 17:26:26 CST 2007

Dec 19 18:00:53 switch1 kernel: Contact your BIOS vendor to see if the E752x
error registers can be safely un-hidden
Dec 19 18:00:53 switch1 kernel: e752x_edac: probe of 0000:00:00.0 failed
with error -12

I am getting these errors on a Dell SC1425 running Fedora Core 5.  Does
anyone know if this is a serious issue, or a feature that is disabled?  I
have searched for this and only found developer discussions about the issue.
I was unable to determine if I could ignore the error.

>From what I have read, it may lead to kernel panics, and reboots. Clearly
system reboots is something that I could not ignore.

Thanks in advance.

Gene