BIOS / firmware update CD?

Keith krbaker+dpe at metacarta.com
Tue Jan 2 14:01:30 CST 2007

Except not all of dell's updates come in floppy form to be PXE'd.  Some
are .iso's only.  While I can yank out the image from the boot blocks of
the CD-Rom I hate the need to do this for each and every update, not to
mention that each one needs a reboot an human intervention.  Currently I
have to dowload and setup a boot for each of these updates on my 2950s:

Dell BMC Core - Dell

Dell BMC Firmware

Dell SAS Backplane Firmware

Dell Server BIOS
 Dell PERC 5/i Integrated

Dell SAS Hard Drive Firmware Utility

That means building 6 pxe images and then booting that on 32 servers
meaning 192 reboots.  Not to mention that most of the updates need human
intervention (the don't just boot and install).

I want to be able to download the "update" .iso/pxe image which updates
all of the bios's/firmwares in my system.  Preferably there would be a
kickstart like file which could be used to configure the iso/pxe image
as to which firwmare you wanted upgraded.