PowerEdge 750 and newer kernels

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Tue Jan 2 12:19:50 CST 2007

have you tried Centos 4?  It's based off RHEL 4 and the 2.6.9 kernel
with several features and fixes backported.

Marc DeTrano wrote:
> I am having trouble with a couple of PE 750 systems we support, running
> Mandriva Linux (2006).  It seems that after upgrading to a kernel
> version  2.6.12.x or higher, these systems are prone to kernel panic
> once in a while (the busier system will usually die within a week).
> After much trial and error, I found a downgrade to a 2.6.11.x kernel
> (smp) will eliminate these occurrences.   Not sure if this is observed
> for Linux distros in general, or just something in Mandriva's kernel
> packages.  We have tried updating the bios, but the same problem was
> observed.  Just wondering if anyone has seen the same issue, and may
> know of a way to fix it?

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099