Invalid XSL path, was: RE: OMSA Tools, Debian etch x64, mpt/sas raid

Bryan Mclellan bryanm at widemile.com
Mon Dec 10 13:33:16 CST 2007

Apparently at some point in the night the ext3 rootfs had problems and went RO. I remounted rw and the XSL path error went away.

I rebooted and checked the SAS BIOS and it said the array was fine. I started a new sync and booted up again and both the controller and the vdisk are shown as degraded now:

----
vmware14:/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin# ./omreport storage vdisk
List of Virtual Disks in the System

Controller SAS 5/iR Integrated (Embedded)
ID                  : 0
Status              : Non-Critical
Name                : Virtual Disk 0
State               : Degraded

vmware14:/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin# ./omreport storage controller
 Controller  SAS 5/iR Integrated (Embedded)

Controllers
ID                                : 0
Status                            : Non-Critical
Name                              : SAS 5/iR Integrated
Slot ID                           : Embedded
State                             : Degraded
Firmware Version                  : 00.06.50.00.06.06.00.02
Minimum Required Firmware Version : 00.10.49.00.06.12.02.00
----

I wonder if the controller state is 'degraded' because the firmware is below the 'minimum required version'. Is it possible to upgrade the firmware on the controller from Linux and would anyone be able to comment on this theory?

I'll watch and make sure the vdisk goes online again in a couple hours.

Bryan