Poweredge 1950 with Debian

Bert van Ooijen b.van.ooijen at van-uden-logistics.nl
Fri Nov 17 03:54:56 CST 2006

Terry,

I followed your advice and indeed the system is now booting with GRUB, I
made a little partition of 50MB for /boot. I installed with
sarge-custom-0801.iso. Only after rebooting I get now the error  "(hd1,0)
Error 18: Selected cylinder exceeds maximum supported by BIOS"
I see with fdisk -l /dev/sdc the following:

Device	Boot	Start	End	Blocks	Id	System
/dev/sdc1	*	1	6	48163+	83	Linux
/dev/sdc2		7	17513	140624977+	83	Linux
/dev/sdc3		17514	17769	2056320	82	Linux swap / Solaris

What to do now any suggestions? I also have still a Dell Falsh drive
installed on the system under /dev/sdb.

Thank you in advance for your help

Bert van Ooijen