Debian/GNU Linux OMSA 5.1 package

Sander Keemink sander at sara.nl
Thu Nov 16 03:39:46 CST 2006

Hello,

The new OMSA 5.1 has been debianized by Bas van der Vlies and myself.

Basically we created a Xen domain with Fedora Core. In the Xen domain we
installed OMSA 5.1.

Then we copied the /opt/dell/srvadmin directory and /etc/omreg.cfg to
our existing package.

This is, in our opinion, the easiest way to package it.

You can get it from the ftp:

ftp://ftp.sara.nl/pub/outgoing/dell/

ftp://ftp.irc.sara.nl/pub/sara-omsa/dists/dell/sara/binary-i386/

We also created a special Debian repository for OMSA, just add this to
your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://ftp.irc.sara.nl/pub/sara-omsa dell  sara

The is NO WARRANTY and NO DOCUMENTATION.

The package is successfully in use on our 1850 machines, we have no
experience with other machines.

Kind regards,

Sander Keemink