PE2550 system status indicator led flashing

rottingd rottingd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 09:39:47 CST 2006

Ben Scott wrote:
> On 12/24/06, rottingd <rottingd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The led in question is flashing amber, and another led, near the perc3
>> RAM module is either flashing amber.
>>

>   Run the Dell PowerEdge diagnostics for your model.
>
> -- Ben

Nice advice, I wrote here because the machine seems to work perfectly :)
I've ran the extended test and it showed that there is something wrong
with the ESM, in particular during the System Board Sensor Check:

---------------------------------------
Error Code 1700:0324

Msg: Critical error on entry 124 of 124. SMB event was reported for PS 1
status sensor with a value of FF02h.

and during the PSDB Test:

Error Code 1700:0C24

Msg: Critical error on entry 124 of 124. SMB event was reported for PS 1
status sensor with a value of FF02h.

These 2 errors were reported ~every 2 entries from 124 down to 1.

Every hint is appreciated.
Regards