PowerEdge 2850 Err EB10C

Paul Koussa pkoussa at appliedradar.com
Wed Dec 27 12:08:59 CST 2006

Hello,

I have received the following error on my 2850 running RedHat ES kernel
2.6.9-34.ELsmp

EB10C
Ecc Uncorr Err

I am also getting this from dmesg

Losing some ticks... checking if CPU frequency changed.
Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
You probably have a hardware problem with your RAM chips
Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
You probably have a hardware problem with your RAM chips
You probably have a hardware problem with your RAM chips
You probably have a hardware problem with your RAM chips
warning: many lost ticks.
Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging interupts
rip __do_softirq+0x4d/0xd0

Is it safe to assume this is a memory module problem that needs to be
replaced?

Thank You,
Paul