IPMItool returns false value on PowerEdge 1950

Andrew Reid AndrewReid at eastlink.ca
Tue Dec 26 18:27:07 CST 2006

Senthil_OR at dell.com wrote:
> Halomoan Chow wrote:
>
>>Hi all
>>
>>I have used ipmitool-1.8.8. Not helping.
>>
>>Maybe I have to add 100 Celcius to this value like this:
>>
>>100 + (-45) = 55 Celcius.
>>
>>So 55 is the correct one.

I have a very similar result with Ubuntu 6.10 (kernel 2.6.17.10 - 64
bit) on a PE 2900

Symptoms:

omreport does NOT report the processor temps

ipmitool reports negative temps for the processors which go up (less
negative, towards zero) when I load the processors.

both ipmitool 1.8.7 or 1.8.8 do this.

both ipmitool and omreport give the chassis temp as positive (and it
seems accurate).

Everything else seems to work, I can certainly interact with the PERC
controller with omconfig etc.