IPMItool returns false value on PowerEdge 1950

Halomoan Chow halomoan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 21:26:38 CST 2006

Hi all

I have used ipmitool-1.8.8. Not helping.
And last time, i got email from people that report that even they are
using Redhat with kernel 2.6.9-42 or equal to CentOS 4.4 also got the
negative value from the ipmitool.
So upgrade to CentOS 4.4 would not help also :(

The strange think with the value,
If the environment temperature get higher the value become lower and
vice versa. I see the from the CACTI graph.

Maybe I have to add 100 Celcius to this value like this:

100 + (-45) = 55 Celcius.

So 55 is the correct one.

Am I right?

Regards,