PE1950+DRAC5 and Shared mode

Lamont Granquist lamont at scriptkiddie.org
Wed Dec 20 15:36:56 CST 2006

I think I may be able to answer my own question.  It appears that this
works fine, but the DRAC5 interface doesn't seem to be pingable from NIC1
and doesn't arp correctly through that NIC (sort of makes sense if the
DRAC interface doesn't see the packets the kernel is sending out that
physical NIC).  Remotely it works fine though.  Also I've been able to
connect via ssh over the shared NIC1 interface so it looks like the full
functionality of DRAC5 is available over even the shared NICs.

I also don't see any packets destined for the DRAC5 on the shared NIC at
the O/S layer either even in promisc mode.  Seems there is some deep
hardware voodoo going on.

I still haven't found how to set the DRAC5 NIC to "Shared" from within the
O/S using omreport or racadm though...