PE2900 Onboard SATA

Keith krbaker+dpe at metacarta.com
Wed Dec 20 13:34:11 CST 2006

I think they work just fine.  My guess is that they put them on the
board for the eventuality that they start shipping SATA CDRom drives
IIRC there is even a nice plasic 'channel' leading from the ports to the
cdrom area. And why not? As you point out the Southbridge already has
them so they might as well.