PE2900 Onboard SATA

Andrew Reid AndrewReid at eastlink.ca
Wed Dec 20 12:24:21 CST 2006

I noticed that the PE2900 has two SATA connectors on the motherboard,
and a BIOS choice to enable/disable. However they don't seem to be
mentioned by Dell in the Tech Spec for the 2900. I assume they are
connected to the Intel Southbridge.

Has anyone used these cabled up to a SATA drive ? I don't have one to
try right now, but I was wondering if there was any driver issues or
hopefully they just work with a modern kernel. So before I go out an by
a drive, I was hoping someone could tell me whether they work or not.