dell 2650 with perc3/di debian3.1 aacraid driver

Tue Dec 19 09:57:28 CST 2006

The simplest solution for people running non-Dell supported (or even
non-fully-Dell supported) Linux distributions would be to use afacli for
PERC 3/Di & CERC SATA cards
(http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen
&releaseid=R50594&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=59856) or MegaMgr/DellMgr
for pretty much all the other Dell SCSI RAID cards
(http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen
&releaseid=R71524&formatcnt=2&fileid=92846). I'm not really sure about
other tools for the PERC 5's since to be perfectly honest I've never run
anything but OMSA with these.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Johann Spies
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 1:51 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: dell 2650 with perc3/di debian3.1 aacraid driver

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 11:07:38AM -0600, Patrick_Boyd at Dell.com wrote:
> Dell also recommends running a consistency check on VDs on a regular
> basis. Usually once every 2 weeks is a good interval. It's just a good

> preventative maintenance measure for just about any RAID volume.

How would you do that from Debian Sarge for example?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And the angel said to her, " Do not be afraid, Mary;
      for you have found favor with God. And behold, you
      will conceive in your womb, and bear a son, and you
      shall name Him Jesus."       Luke 1:30,31